Uvalde Massacre

 

                                               courtesy :  yahoo news, some of the victims of Uvalde Massacre

We wonder in disbelief how can such an act of brutality happen in this world. One tragic story happens and then another one and then another one. How can we explain these acts of wanton senseless, murder?

From a Jewish perspective and from one who studies Bible/Torah, I can share some thoughts.

I learned the following from my uncle Sholom Langner. The Torah sections are the following in the book of leviticus; acharei mos , kedoshim, emor . Or, after the death, holy ,,,you can say....It means that only after one dies, the person is sanctified and or that we must say the kadish prayers after the death of a loved one. Kadish prayers are an ancient prayer written in Aramic which praises God in the midst of our pain and suffering. This shows us our true faith in God.

Now, what qualifications do I have to talk about the pain and suffering of the families of these victims? Did I suffer such a fate? In my opinion, yes. When I was 14 years old back on April 21, 1978, my mother was killed in a horrific car accident at St Catherines, Ontario, Canada, where she was thrown out the window, instantly killed and her blood sprayed all over me. I was in a state of shock as the one I loved the most, was suddenly taken from me. My life turned upside down in the blink of an eye.

How did I cope with such a tragedy? There were no grief counselors back then. My only therapy was crying on a daily basis for about a year and my hope and prayers that my mother would come back to me. I did some comfort when she appeared to me in a dream two weeks after her death. She was sitting on a bench opposite me in a dark atmosphere and she told me that she died of a bad bang.

Four years later she came to me in a dream again, we were sitting at hyde park, toronto, I was again opposite her, we were both sitting on the grass, surrounded by beautiful maple trees with the sun shining on my mother. She said she is watching me and knows everything about me. That dream gave me much support. The Bible mentions in Numbers that God gives prophecy in dreams. To me it was a dream of knowing my mother is close in my heart.

I found another incredible discovery in the Bible. I found my mothers name encoded in the section of Ha'azinu in the book of deuteronomy, where it says at 32:4, hatzur tumim pa'alo, ki chol derachav mishpat, or, the Rock perfect is his work, for all his paths are justice. Every seventh letter from the tsadi spells my mothers name.

I added up that phrase and it came to 1726, We see the same theme with the same  Gematria of 1726,  I found in Yevamos 121b, where it says Hakadosh Baruch Who midakdeik im s'vivov kechut Ha'si'ara, or The Holy One is careful with the ones who surround Him like a hair...


Life may seem puzzling to us, things happen to us that we dont understand, but Hashem is exact with justice. It all begins with a dream, and it comes to fruition with the realities of life.

From the angle of reincarnation/gilgul, which kabbalists firmly believe in, we come back to this life to settle old scores. Perhaps everyone were herded to that room in the Uvalde school to be taken out at the exact time. All the students were too young to have any sin. They were good souls. Their time was up at that exact time. The souls are now with God and we must accept God's judgement. The killer was put to death.   

May God comfort the families of the victims and may they know no more tragedy and suffering. I have been on that road of hell, trust me, the pain and suffering will dissipate over time, trust me , it will.  

      

  

  

     

 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hell in Paradise (Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii)

thoughts on Poway and charlotte terrorist attacks